Looking for Comments on my Freestyle Stroke - video

Former Member
Former Member
Below is a one min video of various angles of my freestyle stroke....I'm a 50 old geezer :) who's looking for some constructive criticism. Greatly appreciate any input as to arm positions thru stroke, head, kick, etc....At present, I can only swim about 300 yards free continuously before getting winded. Not looking to be a competitive swimmer just more efficiency and endurance. http://youtu.be/UNNkO3ZExp4 Thanks!!!
Parents
  • You have definitely made progress! The head bobbing had been eliminated and it's great to see that you've become more proficient with the bilateral breathing. I would suggest focusing more on the single arm drill as opposed to the catchup drill. Single arm will allow you to focus on the early vertical forearm, the timing of the breath and the finish. One of the problems with catch up drill is that the "catch up" move can become a habit and transfer over to your fullstroke, which is not ideal. One other thing to work on is your tendency to cross over. Make sure your hand is placed in front of the shoulder as opposed to the nose. You can try using a snorkel to be able to locate and correct your hand placement. Good job and good luck!
  • You have definitely made progress! The head bobbing had been eliminated and it's great to see that you've become more proficient with the bilateral breathing. I would suggest focusing more on the single arm drill as opposed to the catchup drill. Single arm will allow you to focus on the early vertical forearm, the timing of the breath and the finish. One of the problems with catch up drill is that the "catch up" move can become a habit and transfer over to your fullstroke, which is not ideal. One other thing to work on is your tendency to cross over. Make sure your hand is placed in front of the shoulder as opposed to the nose. You can try using a snorkel to be able to locate and correct your hand placement. Good job and good luck!
Children
No Data