Looking for Comments on my Freestyle Stroke - video

Former Member
Former Member
Below is a one min video of various angles of my freestyle stroke....I'm a 50 old geezer :) who's looking for some constructive criticism. Greatly appreciate any input as to arm positions thru stroke, head, kick, etc....At present, I can only swim about 300 yards free continuously before getting winded. Not looking to be a competitive swimmer just more efficiency and endurance. http://youtu.be/UNNkO3ZExp4 Thanks!!!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    The good: your body and head position are fairly decent, and your kick is not getting in the way of your body line. As others have mentioned, your biggest weakness is your arm pull. You really need to do drills that help you internalize the proper high elbow catch position. I HIGHLY recommend the book Swim Speed Secrets. It focuses entirely creating a proper freestyle arm pull. It has a ton of wonderful analogies, illustrations, and drills that will help you develop proper pull form: www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1 I came back to swimming after a 6 years away from the sport (ages 18-24) and thankfully read this book . After 3 months of minimal training and technique work I crushed my best times from age 18. Its hard to understate how important the arm pull is for freestyle propulsion, and I feel this book is the best resource available.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    The good: your body and head position are fairly decent, and your kick is not getting in the way of your body line. As others have mentioned, your biggest weakness is your arm pull. You really need to do drills that help you internalize the proper high elbow catch position. I HIGHLY recommend the book Swim Speed Secrets. It focuses entirely creating a proper freestyle arm pull. It has a ton of wonderful analogies, illustrations, and drills that will help you develop proper pull form: www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1 I came back to swimming after a 6 years away from the sport (ages 18-24) and thankfully read this book . After 3 months of minimal training and technique work I crushed my best times from age 18. Its hard to understate how important the arm pull is for freestyle propulsion, and I feel this book is the best resource available.
Children
No Data