Looking for Comments on my Freestyle Stroke - video

Former Member
Former Member
Below is a one min video of various angles of my freestyle stroke....I'm a 50 old geezer :) who's looking for some constructive criticism. Greatly appreciate any input as to arm positions thru stroke, head, kick, etc....At present, I can only swim about 300 yards free continuously before getting winded. Not looking to be a competitive swimmer just more efficiency and endurance. http://youtu.be/UNNkO3ZExp4 Thanks!!!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    VIDEO UPDATE: Been working on my left side breathing and bilateral breathing since my first video just about a month a go. Approx 3x's a week in the pool for 45 mins or so at a whack. As mentioned, I'm a bit of a geezer (just turned 54 a week ago). The first 6-7 seconds of video is just breathing on left side...slowly coming along...when I started on this side a month ago I couldn't go but 2-4 strokes without drinking half the pool/gagging/arms flailing, etc.. The remainder of the video is different angles of bilateral breathing. Coming along....but freestyle endurance still sucks (only about 200 yards at a time before getting winded). I'm 6"1" and right at 200lbs, and workout/lift several times a week in addition to swimming so not like I'm a couch potato..I wish my endurance was improving.....but its really not. Anyway, please feel free to be super blunt and critique this new vid. I look forward to the comments! www.youtube.com/watch
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    VIDEO UPDATE: Been working on my left side breathing and bilateral breathing since my first video just about a month a go. Approx 3x's a week in the pool for 45 mins or so at a whack. As mentioned, I'm a bit of a geezer (just turned 54 a week ago). The first 6-7 seconds of video is just breathing on left side...slowly coming along...when I started on this side a month ago I couldn't go but 2-4 strokes without drinking half the pool/gagging/arms flailing, etc.. The remainder of the video is different angles of bilateral breathing. Coming along....but freestyle endurance still sucks (only about 200 yards at a time before getting winded). I'm 6"1" and right at 200lbs, and workout/lift several times a week in addition to swimming so not like I'm a couch potato..I wish my endurance was improving.....but its really not. Anyway, please feel free to be super blunt and critique this new vid. I look forward to the comments! www.youtube.com/watch
Children
No Data