Looking for Comments on my Freestyle Stroke - video

Former Member
Former Member
Below is a one min video of various angles of my freestyle stroke....I'm a 50 old geezer :) who's looking for some constructive criticism. Greatly appreciate any input as to arm positions thru stroke, head, kick, etc....At present, I can only swim about 300 yards free continuously before getting winded. Not looking to be a competitive swimmer just more efficiency and endurance. http://youtu.be/UNNkO3ZExp4 Thanks!!!
Parents
  • Congratulations on with your improvement and discipline. I'd like to try to illustrate Bobinator's arm stroke points: The red (right arm) and blue (left arm) plots what would be the ideal arm paths of catch and propulsion. Try to enter these as fixed points in water, slipping the fingers first, like in a tube, then once in position use the leverage to pull yourself through the water. Once done, the arm will exit the water elbow first. 9533 The feedback where the arm is pushing down and up, this is happening: 9534 This is wasting energy and causing drag by pushing yourself up after arm entry, and pulling everything down before release. Try to refine any propulsive force to push and pull yourself forward. Hope this is accurate and helps. Good luck
  • Congratulations on with your improvement and discipline. I'd like to try to illustrate Bobinator's arm stroke points: The red (right arm) and blue (left arm) plots what would be the ideal arm paths of catch and propulsion. Try to enter these as fixed points in water, slipping the fingers first, like in a tube, then once in position use the leverage to pull yourself through the water. Once done, the arm will exit the water elbow first. 9533 The feedback where the arm is pushing down and up, this is happening: 9534 This is wasting energy and causing drag by pushing yourself up after arm entry, and pulling everything down before release. Try to refine any propulsive force to push and pull yourself forward. Hope this is accurate and helps. Good luck
Children
No Data