Looking for Comments on my Freestyle Stroke - video

Former Member
Former Member
Below is a one min video of various angles of my freestyle stroke....I'm a 50 old geezer :) who's looking for some constructive criticism. Greatly appreciate any input as to arm positions thru stroke, head, kick, etc....At present, I can only swim about 300 yards free continuously before getting winded. Not looking to be a competitive swimmer just more efficiency and endurance. http://youtu.be/UNNkO3ZExp4 Thanks!!!
Parents
  • You have a smooth and steady stroke; you definitely should consider swimming some races! Your left arm especially is not catching the water for a good pull. Instead of catching you are pushing down and unfortunately that gives you no forward propulsion. Try getting your elbow up as you do your over water recovery. Once you place your hand in the water keep your elbow up and try to push against the water in a straight back motion, not downward
  • You have a smooth and steady stroke; you definitely should consider swimming some races! Your left arm especially is not catching the water for a good pull. Instead of catching you are pushing down and unfortunately that gives you no forward propulsion. Try getting your elbow up as you do your over water recovery. Once you place your hand in the water keep your elbow up and try to push against the water in a straight back motion, not downward
Children
No Data