Looking for Comments on my Freestyle Stroke - video

Former Member
Former Member
Below is a one min video of various angles of my freestyle stroke....I'm a 50 old geezer :) who's looking for some constructive criticism. Greatly appreciate any input as to arm positions thru stroke, head, kick, etc....At present, I can only swim about 300 yards free continuously before getting winded. Not looking to be a competitive swimmer just more efficiency and endurance. http://youtu.be/UNNkO3ZExp4 Thanks!!!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I am in awe of your plantar flexion. Envious! Wish mine were as good. You are able to achieve almost 180 degrees. That is a huge natural advantage and if you work on your kick, it could become a great weapon. Having said that, you kick with your knees bent. You want to kick with a straighter leg. Kick from the butt and try not to let the knee bend. Your head position is good. You are looking down at the bottom of the pool. Your hips are sinking. This is going to cause a lot of drag. (One of the reasons you are getting winded so quickly). Try pushing down gently with your chest while maintaining the same good head position (eyes toward the bottom of the pool). Work on these first. Don't try to do too much. Once you have got your body position sorted out you can start to fine tune other areas like your low elbow position. You could try wearing a Speedo, too. Those shorts you are wearing are causing a lot of drag.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I am in awe of your plantar flexion. Envious! Wish mine were as good. You are able to achieve almost 180 degrees. That is a huge natural advantage and if you work on your kick, it could become a great weapon. Having said that, you kick with your knees bent. You want to kick with a straighter leg. Kick from the butt and try not to let the knee bend. Your head position is good. You are looking down at the bottom of the pool. Your hips are sinking. This is going to cause a lot of drag. (One of the reasons you are getting winded so quickly). Try pushing down gently with your chest while maintaining the same good head position (eyes toward the bottom of the pool). Work on these first. Don't try to do too much. Once you have got your body position sorted out you can start to fine tune other areas like your low elbow position. You could try wearing a Speedo, too. Those shorts you are wearing are causing a lot of drag.
Children
No Data