Chemicals in swiming pools

Former Member
Former Member
In my country the swiming pools are overloaded , so they add chemicals for sanity reasons , however this is very harmful for the hair , specially when u spend two hours daily in the pool , is there any recommendation for an oil , shampoo ,.... Etc that can prevent or at least reduce the hair damage Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Wearing a swim cap will protect your hair, if you are in the pool for 2 hours a day definitely invest in one, unless you like your hair being greasy straw :p. You may be able to find some soaps specifically for cleaning chlorine of your body/ hair. I have a natural soap bar (goat milk, and oil I think?) that I scrub on the skin, but in the future I may look into something swimming specific (I've never personally looked). I read somewhere that one guy would take a spray bottle with powdered vitamin C / Water solution, and spray it on his skin after swimming to deal with the chlorine. Overall I think high levels of chlorine can be bad, so you should do what you can to protect yourself a bit.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Wearing a swim cap will protect your hair, if you are in the pool for 2 hours a day definitely invest in one, unless you like your hair being greasy straw :p. You may be able to find some soaps specifically for cleaning chlorine of your body/ hair. I have a natural soap bar (goat milk, and oil I think?) that I scrub on the skin, but in the future I may look into something swimming specific (I've never personally looked). I read somewhere that one guy would take a spray bottle with powdered vitamin C / Water solution, and spray it on his skin after swimming to deal with the chlorine. Overall I think high levels of chlorine can be bad, so you should do what you can to protect yourself a bit.
Children
No Data