Proper Nutrition

Former Member
Former Member
I have searched throughout the forum and found little information about nutrition and supplements subjects suitable for swimmers. Generally I am against any supplement to improve overall capabilities of a swimmer. However its not always easy to maintain proper nutrition levels due other daily activities, especially with juniors when they are at school and have too many whims at the same time. So I am starting this thread with hope that any of you could share their favourite and sometimes perhaps "weird" recipes for meals that they believe provide proper nutrition with heavy and/or moderate workload swimmers. Meals-to-go recipes and budget for that relevant recipe are very welcomed. And if you are also able to provide data on what and how many elements such as proteins/carbs/iron/calcium etc shall be consumed by that recipe, I will be speachless :)! (last one is of course is just a too big wish). Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I don't know what everyone else uses, but I swear by E3Live http://www.e3live.com/, which is what I use in place of vitamins. When I stick to it, I don't get sick, and I have noticeably more energy. Otherwise, you'll get a variety of answers (no fat, no carbs, no gluten, fat, carbs, gluten), so it's probably a trial and error thing until you find what works for you. Thank you for your post. I appreciate your answer, but as I've mentioned in my initial post I don't believe in supplements and generally I am against them. I don't mean your approach is wrong or you're doing something wrong, however I do believe that manufacturers of such supplements are either overpraise their products' qualities or they might use components (sometimes without clearly specifying it) that are prohibited or going to be prohibited in competitive sports. For an example I saw thread throughout this forum dated 2002 where participants were discussing about use of the creatine to improve their performance, which was not prohibited (or may still not be, I am not quite sure) at that time. But when I googled about Creatine, I saw a research by Institute of Biochemistry at German Sports University in Koeln about Creatine's effect on one's performance, which at the end states that this substance gives certain advantage to its user. Here is the link: www.doping-info.de/.../00_cre01.PDF Based on above mentioned and According to Rules of Ethics of IOC: use of an expedient, which is potentially harmful to the health of an athlete (creatine is harmful) and/or capable of enhancing performance is considered as doping. Therefore as of this writing we cannot be 100% confident that even considered as harmless Multi-vitamines or other supplements that are advertised on the market do not contain potentially dangerous substance either for health or prohibition. So I genuinly believe that sticking on traditional food is the best choice, until FINA comes up publishing a list of supplements' manufacturers and provide certain guarantees, which I am sure 100% will never ever happen. So all in all lets get to post meal recipes suitable for active swimmers.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I don't know what everyone else uses, but I swear by E3Live http://www.e3live.com/, which is what I use in place of vitamins. When I stick to it, I don't get sick, and I have noticeably more energy. Otherwise, you'll get a variety of answers (no fat, no carbs, no gluten, fat, carbs, gluten), so it's probably a trial and error thing until you find what works for you. Thank you for your post. I appreciate your answer, but as I've mentioned in my initial post I don't believe in supplements and generally I am against them. I don't mean your approach is wrong or you're doing something wrong, however I do believe that manufacturers of such supplements are either overpraise their products' qualities or they might use components (sometimes without clearly specifying it) that are prohibited or going to be prohibited in competitive sports. For an example I saw thread throughout this forum dated 2002 where participants were discussing about use of the creatine to improve their performance, which was not prohibited (or may still not be, I am not quite sure) at that time. But when I googled about Creatine, I saw a research by Institute of Biochemistry at German Sports University in Koeln about Creatine's effect on one's performance, which at the end states that this substance gives certain advantage to its user. Here is the link: www.doping-info.de/.../00_cre01.PDF Based on above mentioned and According to Rules of Ethics of IOC: use of an expedient, which is potentially harmful to the health of an athlete (creatine is harmful) and/or capable of enhancing performance is considered as doping. Therefore as of this writing we cannot be 100% confident that even considered as harmless Multi-vitamines or other supplements that are advertised on the market do not contain potentially dangerous substance either for health or prohibition. So I genuinly believe that sticking on traditional food is the best choice, until FINA comes up publishing a list of supplements' manufacturers and provide certain guarantees, which I am sure 100% will never ever happen. So all in all lets get to post meal recipes suitable for active swimmers.
Children
No Data