Women's polyester swimsuit recommendations

Hey folk, First, to moderators--I'm not sure if this is swimming related enough to be in this section. Please feel free to move as needed. To all... Another suit is about to bite the dust--fortunately I bought it on sale for less than $30, so I'm not complaining too much. HOWEVER, now that it's time to buy a new suit, I'm thinking I want to get something polyester, as it will last longer. The last polyester suit I had lasted me a couple years (although admittedly, I was on and off with swimming during that period). That suit fit well b/c I was able to go to a swim shop and try suits on. That's how I prefer to buy them but the only swim shop in my area that sells polyester suits is also a trek from where I live and I don't have a lot of running around time. So in the interest of time, I probably do have to order something online and wanted to get some opinions on polyester suits that last well AND aren't too high cut (first polyester suit I had I bought online and wasn't crazy about that aspect of it). I'm not 16 and while reasonably slim, I don't feel like showing too much of myself (ha!). What suit(s) have you had success with? What suits would you stay away from? Thanks for any info! p.s. If I get lycra suits, I tend to get dark colors so that when they fade, there's still plenty of "dark" left. But they still don't last long enough.
Parents
  • I track the mileage I get out of each suit in my FLOG just for the heck of it, so I can see which brands are the best quality. The longest lasting suits have NO spandex. They are made of 50% polyester and 50% PBT ( a very durable type of polyester). For me, the winner was Speedo Endurance+ coming in at 297 miles. I tried to make it last past 300 miles; however, the seam in the rear blew out while I was bending over. :mooning: I was on a cruise ship at the time, and I'm sure I gave the sunbathers a view they did NOT want to see. Second place was Tyr Durafast, a suit made of the same fabric as my Speedo. Although the seams lasted longer, the straps gave out at 285 miles. Sporti suits didn't last as long for me, but you can't beat the price when they're on sale! Jayhawk is correct; they run small. Watch the sales at Swimoutlet.com . They have the best prices-- unless you have a brother like I do who likes to shop the Tyr factory parking lot sales in California. Last time, he snagged me six suits that all came in under $20 each. :smooch: My goggles were only $4.99 (usually $9.99 at Swimoutlet)!
  • I track the mileage I get out of each suit in my FLOG just for the heck of it, so I can see which brands are the best quality. The longest lasting suits have NO spandex. They are made of 50% polyester and 50% PBT ( a very durable type of polyester). For me, the winner was Speedo Endurance+ coming in at 297 miles. I tried to make it last past 300 miles; however, the seam in the rear blew out while I was bending over. :mooning: I was on a cruise ship at the time, and I'm sure I gave the sunbathers a view they did NOT want to see. Second place was Tyr Durafast, a suit made of the same fabric as my Speedo. Although the seams lasted longer, the straps gave out at 285 miles. Sporti suits didn't last as long for me, but you can't beat the price when they're on sale! Jayhawk is correct; they run small. Watch the sales at Swimoutlet.com . They have the best prices-- unless you have a brother like I do who likes to shop the Tyr factory parking lot sales in California. Last time, he snagged me six suits that all came in under $20 each. :smooch: My goggles were only $4.99 (usually $9.99 at Swimoutlet)!
Children
No Data