Women's polyester swimsuit recommendations

Hey folk, First, to moderators--I'm not sure if this is swimming related enough to be in this section. Please feel free to move as needed. To all... Another suit is about to bite the dust--fortunately I bought it on sale for less than $30, so I'm not complaining too much. HOWEVER, now that it's time to buy a new suit, I'm thinking I want to get something polyester, as it will last longer. The last polyester suit I had lasted me a couple years (although admittedly, I was on and off with swimming during that period). That suit fit well b/c I was able to go to a swim shop and try suits on. That's how I prefer to buy them but the only swim shop in my area that sells polyester suits is also a trek from where I live and I don't have a lot of running around time. So in the interest of time, I probably do have to order something online and wanted to get some opinions on polyester suits that last well AND aren't too high cut (first polyester suit I had I bought online and wasn't crazy about that aspect of it). I'm not 16 and while reasonably slim, I don't feel like showing too much of myself (ha!). What suit(s) have you had success with? What suits would you stay away from? Thanks for any info! p.s. If I get lycra suits, I tend to get dark colors so that when they fade, there's still plenty of "dark" left. But they still don't last long enough.
Parents
  • Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to save this thread--I hope I'll like the suit I ordered, but if not, I have a great bunch of ideas for alternatives. And if I like it, then I have good thoughts for future reference--I figure I don't have to wait for a suit to wear out before getting a new one, if something looks good). My last polyester suit (which I dug out of the clothes I was going to put into the recycling bin) is a Dolfin, but the store where I was thinking of buying another didn't have the same model. Other sites might have had it, but the benefit of ordering from a nearby place is that I'll likely get it sooner. (In my area, just a long commute!)
  • Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to save this thread--I hope I'll like the suit I ordered, but if not, I have a great bunch of ideas for alternatives. And if I like it, then I have good thoughts for future reference--I figure I don't have to wait for a suit to wear out before getting a new one, if something looks good). My last polyester suit (which I dug out of the clothes I was going to put into the recycling bin) is a Dolfin, but the store where I was thinking of buying another didn't have the same model. Other sites might have had it, but the benefit of ordering from a nearby place is that I'll likely get it sooner. (In my area, just a long commute!)
Children
No Data