Request to analyze my stroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi! I have recorded a video of my swimming. Would somebody like to analyze it so that I could improve it further. www.youtube.com/watch Regards Rajan
Parents
  • Hi Rajan, I noticed three main things: Your hands enter just in front of your head, and you then extend them forwards to full arm extension underwater. This results in you pushing against a significant amount of water. Ideally, you want your hands to enter when your arms are close to full extension--extending your arms in the air provides a lot less resistance than extending your arms underwater. In addition, you have a pause as your hands enter the water. You want it to be a continuous motion. Tied in with the above point, your arms enter the water and extend pretty far out to the sides of your body. Ideally, your hands will enter the water and extend forward directly in line with your shoulders. This helps your body rotation and will also help you engage more muscles when you pull--pulling with your hands out in a Y position tends to not engage your core muscles much, mostly your shoulders and arms. Your kick isn't giving you much propulsion. Ideally, you would have a flutter kick driven from the hips that would provide a decent amount of propulsion. Doesn't need to be a fast kick at the speed you're swimming, but there should be a definite kick providing that extra bit of oomph in your stroke. Keep it up and I hope that helps!
  • Hi Rajan, I noticed three main things: Your hands enter just in front of your head, and you then extend them forwards to full arm extension underwater. This results in you pushing against a significant amount of water. Ideally, you want your hands to enter when your arms are close to full extension--extending your arms in the air provides a lot less resistance than extending your arms underwater. In addition, you have a pause as your hands enter the water. You want it to be a continuous motion. Tied in with the above point, your arms enter the water and extend pretty far out to the sides of your body. Ideally, your hands will enter the water and extend forward directly in line with your shoulders. This helps your body rotation and will also help you engage more muscles when you pull--pulling with your hands out in a Y position tends to not engage your core muscles much, mostly your shoulders and arms. Your kick isn't giving you much propulsion. Ideally, you would have a flutter kick driven from the hips that would provide a decent amount of propulsion. Doesn't need to be a fast kick at the speed you're swimming, but there should be a definite kick providing that extra bit of oomph in your stroke. Keep it up and I hope that helps!
Children
No Data