the goggle factor

Hi everyone: I'm a newby to masters, having had a 30-year break from competitive swimming back in my younger days. Back in the day, I never wore goggles during competition, & now that I have a meet coming up (feeling the butterflies already!), I am wondering if there are any tricks in the trade as far as keeping your googles in place during the start. I notice straps both under & on top of the cap. Is the strap tightened so that it feels like your eyes will pop out? I'm also interested in what brand/type of goggle is your favorite... thanks!
Parents
  • As long as you're head is down (chin tucked to chest) and you're hand/arm/head position is such that your hands break the water tension first for the rest of your body, you should be good. If you hands are too far apart and/or your head is up, you're liable to lose them.
  • As long as you're head is down (chin tucked to chest) and you're hand/arm/head position is such that your hands break the water tension first for the rest of your body, you should be good. If you hands are too far apart and/or your head is up, you're liable to lose them.
Children
No Data