100 SCY FREE Breathing Pattern/Strategy

Looking for recommendations on a breathing pattern for the 100 Free scy. Two ideas I had were... The first 50 will be faster than the second 50, would it make sense to breath more on the second 50 - the thought being, a breath at a faster speed will have more of a detrimental effect than a breath at a slower speed due to higher drag. Alternatively, it's easier to restrict breathing early on in the race so would it make sense to breath more as the race progresses?
Parents
  • It's a tradeoff for sure. Despite what Nathan told me and what Anthony does, I think i'm more in the 2 to 4 strokes (never 3 or 5) camp. I like to take the first 50 out easy speed. I don't really think about breathing. More about establishing a comfortably fast stroke rate where I can fit my breathing in without messing up the rhythm. It's probably every 4 the first 50 and every 2 the 2nd 50.
  • It's a tradeoff for sure. Despite what Nathan told me and what Anthony does, I think i'm more in the 2 to 4 strokes (never 3 or 5) camp. I like to take the first 50 out easy speed. I don't really think about breathing. More about establishing a comfortably fast stroke rate where I can fit my breathing in without messing up the rhythm. It's probably every 4 the first 50 and every 2 the 2nd 50.
Children
No Data