100 SCY FREE Breathing Pattern/Strategy

Looking for recommendations on a breathing pattern for the 100 Free scy. Two ideas I had were... The first 50 will be faster than the second 50, would it make sense to breath more on the second 50 - the thought being, a breath at a faster speed will have more of a detrimental effect than a breath at a slower speed due to higher drag. Alternatively, it's easier to restrict breathing early on in the race so would it make sense to breath more as the race progresses?
Parents
  • My motto: Air you deny yourself early in the race is air you'll miss on the last 35 or so yards. I breath 3 times in a 50 because I can get to the end before I hit the anaerobic wall. I breath every 3 strokes in a 100, from the breakout, because that anaerobic wall comes well before the end otherwise. I'd breath every 2 but haven't yet figured out how to do it without slowing my cadence too much. I used to start a 500 breathing every 3, then switch to 2 at the ~200y mark. When I started breathing every two from the get-go, I dropped 10 seconds almost immediately, almost all of that coming on the back half splits.
  • My motto: Air you deny yourself early in the race is air you'll miss on the last 35 or so yards. I breath 3 times in a 50 because I can get to the end before I hit the anaerobic wall. I breath every 3 strokes in a 100, from the breakout, because that anaerobic wall comes well before the end otherwise. I'd breath every 2 but haven't yet figured out how to do it without slowing my cadence too much. I used to start a 500 breathing every 3, then switch to 2 at the ~200y mark. When I started breathing every two from the get-go, I dropped 10 seconds almost immediately, almost all of that coming on the back half splits.
Children
No Data