do I have to swim backstroke?

:) ... Or can I SDK, surface and keep on SDKing on my back until the turn? Because it would be awesome if that were legal.
Parents
  • I caved and swam six strokes each length. Hard to break the habit :( I also think I would have botched the turn otherwise. Breakouts were at 15m ("you would have been DQd if you had gone any more") and 13m, according to observers. Went a 28.8, PB by 1.4s, according to USMS. While it might be true that Really Good backstrokers are faster backstroking on the surface than they are SDKing, I remain unconvinced that this is the case for me. It certainly feels slower. I might try this again with fewer strokes at my next meet.
  • I caved and swam six strokes each length. Hard to break the habit :( I also think I would have botched the turn otherwise. Breakouts were at 15m ("you would have been DQd if you had gone any more") and 13m, according to observers. Went a 28.8, PB by 1.4s, according to USMS. While it might be true that Really Good backstrokers are faster backstroking on the surface than they are SDKing, I remain unconvinced that this is the case for me. It certainly feels slower. I might try this again with fewer strokes at my next meet.
Children
No Data