Freestyle is EXHAUSTING...videos looking for tips

Former Member
Former Member
I am very much not a swimmer, but I am starting to love it. My goal is to compete in triathlons and being a runner this swimming thing is a lot harder to pick up than I thought it would be. After I do a 100 I'm so out of breath and exhausted that I think I must have some serious form issues. I'm working with a coach but only have 5 lessons and I've done 3 so far just to get me to this point (believe it or not this is actually much better than I started). I'm hoping to spread out my last two so that I can make some more progress and he can just refine my stroke. I'm definitely not very strong in my upper body so I'm sure there's a fitness aspect to it but for as tired as I am there has to be more to it than just that. Thanks in advance! www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Yeah my coach is great and really helpful! It helps me to get a second opinion too though and see if there's something I can do to tighten up my form so that my next lesson can bring me to the next level. I just can't afford to pay for more than the 2 lessons I have left so I want to make sure I get as much as humanly possible from them. I appreciate the thought though because it could be overwhelming if everyone is telling me different things, everyone is really on the same page though with what I need to fix so that's what I'll focus on. On a sidebar, I think part of my exhaustion problem is that I appear to be breathing too late. That causes me to stall my recovery which stops momentum and leaves me without enough oxygen. Does it look that way to anyone else?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Yeah my coach is great and really helpful! It helps me to get a second opinion too though and see if there's something I can do to tighten up my form so that my next lesson can bring me to the next level. I just can't afford to pay for more than the 2 lessons I have left so I want to make sure I get as much as humanly possible from them. I appreciate the thought though because it could be overwhelming if everyone is telling me different things, everyone is really on the same page though with what I need to fix so that's what I'll focus on. On a sidebar, I think part of my exhaustion problem is that I appear to be breathing too late. That causes me to stall my recovery which stops momentum and leaves me without enough oxygen. Does it look that way to anyone else?
Children
No Data