Freestyle is EXHAUSTING...videos looking for tips

Former Member
Former Member
I am very much not a swimmer, but I am starting to love it. My goal is to compete in triathlons and being a runner this swimming thing is a lot harder to pick up than I thought it would be. After I do a 100 I'm so out of breath and exhausted that I think I must have some serious form issues. I'm working with a coach but only have 5 lessons and I've done 3 so far just to get me to this point (believe it or not this is actually much better than I started). I'm hoping to spread out my last two so that I can make some more progress and he can just refine my stroke. I'm definitely not very strong in my upper body so I'm sure there's a fitness aspect to it but for as tired as I am there has to be more to it than just that. Thanks in advance! www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Wow thank you all so much! Today I worked on keeping my head down more and I did notice that my feet were boiling the water more when I kicked which means they must have been higher. I was still getting really winded after just 50-100 yards. I did 50 in 55 seconds to give you an idea of speed (not sure if that's fast or slow). I'll practice a few more days then get videoed again to check my progress.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Wow thank you all so much! Today I worked on keeping my head down more and I did notice that my feet were boiling the water more when I kicked which means they must have been higher. I was still getting really winded after just 50-100 yards. I did 50 in 55 seconds to give you an idea of speed (not sure if that's fast or slow). I'll practice a few more days then get videoed again to check my progress.
Children
No Data