Freestyle is EXHAUSTING...videos looking for tips

Former Member
Former Member
I am very much not a swimmer, but I am starting to love it. My goal is to compete in triathlons and being a runner this swimming thing is a lot harder to pick up than I thought it would be. After I do a 100 I'm so out of breath and exhausted that I think I must have some serious form issues. I'm working with a coach but only have 5 lessons and I've done 3 so far just to get me to this point (believe it or not this is actually much better than I started). I'm hoping to spread out my last two so that I can make some more progress and he can just refine my stroke. I'm definitely not very strong in my upper body so I'm sure there's a fitness aspect to it but for as tired as I am there has to be more to it than just that. Thanks in advance! www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Your're swimming at a 20⁰ angle so you have considerable frontal drag. Your head is up, looking forward, so the hips sink. Keep your head neutral (bottom of pool in view) and let the hips and legs rise to the surface, and narrow the kick. After fixing that, most of the other triathletes will be behind you on the swims
  • Your're swimming at a 20⁰ angle so you have considerable frontal drag. Your head is up, looking forward, so the hips sink. Keep your head neutral (bottom of pool in view) and let the hips and legs rise to the surface, and narrow the kick. After fixing that, most of the other triathletes will be behind you on the swims
Children
No Data