Help me with my Daughters swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
My daughter has been swimming since she was 5, but started a swim team around 2 years ago. My daughter is 10 years old. She swims for a Naval Academy Swim Club and has been doing roughly 5 a week. She swims meets generally twice a month where we go to another school or university. Before she was at the another swim club that "went away". However when she was there, she made remarkable time reductions, she swims mainly 100-free, 100-back, 100-***, 50-free, 50-back, 50-*** and 100-IM (in the previous team and current team). What is bothering us is in the previous team (4-days a week 1.5 hours each time), she was making time reductions at each meet on each event. However she is at a new swim club (a Naval Academy Swim Club) and she spends more time during practice (5 days a week 1.45 hours each time), however she has recently beginning to ADD TIME, something she has never done before. Some other information - She has always been the fastest in her team (before/after) she has always been the fastest during each event during each swim meet (before after). -100-back (1:21:85) / 100-*** (1:35:73) / 100-free (1:14:28) / 100-IM (1:23:56 / 50-*** (44:28) / 200-free (2:40:97). -She has recently added 1 to 2 seconds "here and there" instead of dropping time. -We have arranged a meeting with the coach to discuss. -She's been with the new time for 3 months, 99% of the time the coach just practices freestyle with the students.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    This 'stroke school' I mentioned is not just for younger/beginning swimmers, it is for all levels of swimmers. I'm not sure I agree with the way that team was set up, but it was what it was. The coach was well known and parents were willing to pay extra. Another thought--could your daughter be playing too much with the older swimmers during practice? Guess what it comes down to--if you feel the coach isn't doing his job then you will need to look for another team.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    This 'stroke school' I mentioned is not just for younger/beginning swimmers, it is for all levels of swimmers. I'm not sure I agree with the way that team was set up, but it was what it was. The coach was well known and parents were willing to pay extra. Another thought--could your daughter be playing too much with the older swimmers during practice? Guess what it comes down to--if you feel the coach isn't doing his job then you will need to look for another team.
Children
No Data