Post-Grads in U.S. Masters Swimming Events

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, We're looking to get some input from Masters swimmers and coaches on the age old question whether someone who is a professional or post-grad swimmer belongs in U.S. Masters Swimming events going after Masters records. Curious to get your thoughts! We may ask you to be in a future issue of Swimming World. Jason Marsteller Swimming World
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I've seen this argument a lot on the motorcycle racing forums that I'm on in regards to pro level riders showing up to club (amature) events. On one hand, I understand everyone out there wants to win, so seeing top level guys come in and mop the floor with the field could be seen a deterrent to some. But in the bigger picture, you don't get faster beating up on competitors slower than you. Faster competitors push you to become faster.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I've seen this argument a lot on the motorcycle racing forums that I'm on in regards to pro level riders showing up to club (amature) events. On one hand, I understand everyone out there wants to win, so seeing top level guys come in and mop the floor with the field could be seen a deterrent to some. But in the bigger picture, you don't get faster beating up on competitors slower than you. Faster competitors push you to become faster.
Children
No Data