Post-Grads in U.S. Masters Swimming Events

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, We're looking to get some input from Masters swimmers and coaches on the age old question whether someone who is a professional or post-grad swimmer belongs in U.S. Masters Swimming events going after Masters records. Curious to get your thoughts! We may ask you to be in a future issue of Swimming World. Jason Marsteller Swimming World
Parents
  • ...I swim USAS pretty frequently and have had several swims where the pool is not on USMS record for measurement and the times don't qualify for top 10. I find this a little silly since the pool is sanctioned by usas and the pools measurements are on record with them. At the end of the day it's more annoying than anything else and really not a big deal but thought I would share. Stewart, in regards to the bolded above, that is not always the case. USA-S only requires pool measurements if there is a American/US Open/World record set at a meet (case in point- Michael Phelps' home pool was not measured until there was a USMS meet in it, and it turns out the pool is actually short). Not all of the pools you're doing USA-S in have been measured. If pool measurements are, however, on file for a given pool that you've done a USA-S meet in, if you work with your Top Ten Recorder, those times may count for USMS Top Ten. You can also measure the pool yourself, fill out the proper USMS form, and submit it to your TTR. Then that pool would be on file for any other USMS swimmer who does meets in that same pool. And for you, for any subsequent meets you swim there.
  • ...I swim USAS pretty frequently and have had several swims where the pool is not on USMS record for measurement and the times don't qualify for top 10. I find this a little silly since the pool is sanctioned by usas and the pools measurements are on record with them. At the end of the day it's more annoying than anything else and really not a big deal but thought I would share. Stewart, in regards to the bolded above, that is not always the case. USA-S only requires pool measurements if there is a American/US Open/World record set at a meet (case in point- Michael Phelps' home pool was not measured until there was a USMS meet in it, and it turns out the pool is actually short). Not all of the pools you're doing USA-S in have been measured. If pool measurements are, however, on file for a given pool that you've done a USA-S meet in, if you work with your Top Ten Recorder, those times may count for USMS Top Ten. You can also measure the pool yourself, fill out the proper USMS form, and submit it to your TTR. Then that pool would be on file for any other USMS swimmer who does meets in that same pool. And for you, for any subsequent meets you swim there.
Children
No Data