Post-Grads in U.S. Masters Swimming Events

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, We're looking to get some input from Masters swimmers and coaches on the age old question whether someone who is a professional or post-grad swimmer belongs in U.S. Masters Swimming events going after Masters records. Curious to get your thoughts! We may ask you to be in a future issue of Swimming World. Jason Marsteller Swimming World
Parents
  • The rules are actually a little hazy on the point of whether swims at non-masters intenational meets count for USMS purposes. I agree they should be clarified. My purpose in asking the question was to get a sense of the feeling of the people here...because there has been a request for the Executive Committee to recognize just such a non-masters international meet (this is allowed under the rules). Not sure if I did this reply correctly; for reference it is to Chris's post #28 I marvel at how much work USMS volunteers put into these rules. So thank you, from one that does nothing but pay my meet entry and swim, then troll the event rankings for who's where. I would entirely back up a final rule that says something to the effect that "granting records is at the discretion of management." It just seems so very difficult to encompass every conceivable scenario. On another note, I am curious to hear whether people think USMS times should count for USAS. Selfishly speaking, I would love meet directors to go to the extra effort of getting the meets recognized/observed, or whatever the term is for dual registered people to be able to have their times automatically entered in SWIMS. And I fully realize this question is in the category of "Forum poster with idea for someone else to do the work".
  • The rules are actually a little hazy on the point of whether swims at non-masters intenational meets count for USMS purposes. I agree they should be clarified. My purpose in asking the question was to get a sense of the feeling of the people here...because there has been a request for the Executive Committee to recognize just such a non-masters international meet (this is allowed under the rules). Not sure if I did this reply correctly; for reference it is to Chris's post #28 I marvel at how much work USMS volunteers put into these rules. So thank you, from one that does nothing but pay my meet entry and swim, then troll the event rankings for who's where. I would entirely back up a final rule that says something to the effect that "granting records is at the discretion of management." It just seems so very difficult to encompass every conceivable scenario. On another note, I am curious to hear whether people think USMS times should count for USAS. Selfishly speaking, I would love meet directors to go to the extra effort of getting the meets recognized/observed, or whatever the term is for dual registered people to be able to have their times automatically entered in SWIMS. And I fully realize this question is in the category of "Forum poster with idea for someone else to do the work".
Children
No Data