Post-Grads in U.S. Masters Swimming Events

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, We're looking to get some input from Masters swimmers and coaches on the age old question whether someone who is a professional or post-grad swimmer belongs in U.S. Masters Swimming events going after Masters records. Curious to get your thoughts! We may ask you to be in a future issue of Swimming World. Jason Marsteller Swimming World
Parents
  • Chris, what is the current rule regarding masters WORLD records? For some reason, I thought there was a very significant difference - that USMS NATIONAL records could be set while as a USA swimmer, but not FINA masters world records - am I wrong on this? Please enlighten us so that we are responding based on the current rules in place for FINA and USMS. That's certainly right in terms of FINA. Don't know about USMS, but Masters Swimming Australia recognizes records set by MSA-registered swimmers racing in non-Masters meets. Eg the Australian record for the W40-44 100 breaststroke SCM is almost 2 seconds faster than the FINA Masters record for the age group (1:10.55 FINA vs 1:08.88 Australian). The Australian record was swum by Linley Frame at Swimming Australia Open SC Championships. She races Open more often than she races Masters meets, and her best times have been there. www.portal.aussi.org.au/.../records.php
  • Chris, what is the current rule regarding masters WORLD records? For some reason, I thought there was a very significant difference - that USMS NATIONAL records could be set while as a USA swimmer, but not FINA masters world records - am I wrong on this? Please enlighten us so that we are responding based on the current rules in place for FINA and USMS. That's certainly right in terms of FINA. Don't know about USMS, but Masters Swimming Australia recognizes records set by MSA-registered swimmers racing in non-Masters meets. Eg the Australian record for the W40-44 100 breaststroke SCM is almost 2 seconds faster than the FINA Masters record for the age group (1:10.55 FINA vs 1:08.88 Australian). The Australian record was swum by Linley Frame at Swimming Australia Open SC Championships. She races Open more often than she races Masters meets, and her best times have been there. www.portal.aussi.org.au/.../records.php
Children
No Data