In case you're visiting London and need a place to swim...

For £3.50, you can swim at the aquatics center from the 2012 Olympics: www.nytimes.com/.../in-london-an-olympic-park-anchors-a-resurgence.html
Parents
  • I swam there when I was passing back through London after a business trip to India. It is absolutely worth it. When I swam on Sunday morning, it was setup long course and I had lane 5 all to myself. Absolutely glorious. The pool is a pretty short ride (via easy tube access) from the center of London, though quite a haul from Heathrow (more than an hour via tube, but less than 90 minutes). If you have time, though, there's a whole shopping complex with hotels connected to the pool / Olympic Park area so you can overnight there and get in a few swims.
  • I swam there when I was passing back through London after a business trip to India. It is absolutely worth it. When I swam on Sunday morning, it was setup long course and I had lane 5 all to myself. Absolutely glorious. The pool is a pretty short ride (via easy tube access) from the center of London, though quite a haul from Heathrow (more than an hour via tube, but less than 90 minutes). If you have time, though, there's a whole shopping complex with hotels connected to the pool / Olympic Park area so you can overnight there and get in a few swims.
Children
No Data