Arena Carbon Pro Mk 2 Kneeskin Closed Back Sizing

Former Member
Former Member
Dear Forum members, FYI: This tread is mostly addressed to female swimmers with personal experience of ownership of Arena Carbon Pro suits, due the type of equipment, however valuable advices from male swimmers are also welcomed. I bought for my daughter's upcoming competition Arena Carbon Pro Mk. 2 for bunch of money. Her sizes are 164 cm height, 89 cm hips, 85 cm chest and 62 cm waist, the body length is 142 cm. We followed the size chart table and ordered a size 24. However it didn't fit at all. Then we've exchanged it for size 28 and it didn't fit again as she was even unable to pull it over her hip bones and we have noticed that if she continues to pull further the stretches were going to be ripped. We've returned the suit today and we need to exchange it for different size. Therefore based on your own experience and probable similarities, could you advice which size we should order?! Advices such as return the suit and get your money back and/or buy Speedo (I don't like the brand) are not suitable. Only practical advices to solve the size dilemma are welcomed. Thank you in advance! Ilian
Parents
  • Thanks a lot for all previous answers, but dilemma is still there. I sent back the size 28' and now I have to indicate which new size I want them to send back to me. I surfed a lot through the internet before ordering and after (now), unfortunately opinions and reviews are quite different. Some say that sizing should be as same as practice suit (her practice suit size is 30"), others say that it should be even bigger than practice suit size. But there are also people who say that arena size chart is true. Luckily most people say that the size feels too small. Now I wonder should I need to try to order Open back suit, instead of the Closed back kneeskin suit. Perhaps this would make change... or should I turn to Carbon Flex?! My Arena carbon pro is a size smaller than my practice suit size. I guess I am willing to squeeze into a suit for the value you get from the compression. It should be difficult to wedge over the hips. I haven't tried my carbon flex yet, so can't comment. But here is an interesting review of the flex: www.swimoutlet.com/.../. It seems that it may run a bit bigger than the Mark 2 and may be easier to get on because of the placement of the taping. The review claims that it has less compression, especially on top, which would be a downside to me. The compression is the feature that I like best about the Arena suits. Arena also just released the Carbon Air, which is supposed to be it's most comfortable suit. I like the closed back best. The more coverage the better. There are only two sizes larger than the 30. I'm hard pressed to think a tiny girl would need a size 32 based on the sizing chart, though I think the suit does run smaller than those measurements indicate. Remember, though, that the suits stretch out quickly. The last time I put my carbon pro on, it only took a couple minutes as opposed to 20+ the first time.
  • Thanks a lot for all previous answers, but dilemma is still there. I sent back the size 28' and now I have to indicate which new size I want them to send back to me. I surfed a lot through the internet before ordering and after (now), unfortunately opinions and reviews are quite different. Some say that sizing should be as same as practice suit (her practice suit size is 30"), others say that it should be even bigger than practice suit size. But there are also people who say that arena size chart is true. Luckily most people say that the size feels too small. Now I wonder should I need to try to order Open back suit, instead of the Closed back kneeskin suit. Perhaps this would make change... or should I turn to Carbon Flex?! My Arena carbon pro is a size smaller than my practice suit size. I guess I am willing to squeeze into a suit for the value you get from the compression. It should be difficult to wedge over the hips. I haven't tried my carbon flex yet, so can't comment. But here is an interesting review of the flex: www.swimoutlet.com/.../. It seems that it may run a bit bigger than the Mark 2 and may be easier to get on because of the placement of the taping. The review claims that it has less compression, especially on top, which would be a downside to me. The compression is the feature that I like best about the Arena suits. Arena also just released the Carbon Air, which is supposed to be it's most comfortable suit. I like the closed back best. The more coverage the better. There are only two sizes larger than the 30. I'm hard pressed to think a tiny girl would need a size 32 based on the sizing chart, though I think the suit does run smaller than those measurements indicate. Remember, though, that the suits stretch out quickly. The last time I put my carbon pro on, it only took a couple minutes as opposed to 20+ the first time.
Children
No Data