Out of the water for a bit

Former Member
Former Member
Been having a lot of knee issues so my swimming has tapered off to nothing in recent months. Hurt the bum knee again in October and went back to the ortho, turns out the previous five surgeries have left them with little to fix/work on... so it's time for a replacement. *sigh* I'm only 54 but I started wrecking the right knee and having surgery on it in 1974, lather/rinse/repeat. The good news, I'll be back in the water 6-12 weeks after the surgery! Then the move the FL, so I can enjoy my OW swims with much less pain!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Holy cow, went to the mandatory Joint Replacement Education class yesterday, seems their goal was to scare the crap out of us! Blah, blah INFECTION, blah blah BLOOD CLOTS, blah blah PAIN. Yikes! Called a buddy who's been through it and that helped, he was more interested in telling me about his times being better 18 months post op than they were for the three years prior to the surgery.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Holy cow, went to the mandatory Joint Replacement Education class yesterday, seems their goal was to scare the crap out of us! Blah, blah INFECTION, blah blah BLOOD CLOTS, blah blah PAIN. Yikes! Called a buddy who's been through it and that helped, he was more interested in telling me about his times being better 18 months post op than they were for the three years prior to the surgery.
Children
No Data