Training for 100 and 200 breaststroke?

Any advice on how to train for a 100 and 200 breaststroke? I don't get to do a lot of breaststroke in practice with my team. But I swim on my own once a week, so I'd like to add a set specific to the 100 and 200 breaststroke, especially the 200. So I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to train for that event. 200 breaststroke is my best and favorite event, but I've not raced much since I was a kid, so I never put any thought into training specifically for it. Thanks!
Parents
  • Allen, what do you think, for example, about a series of 4 x 50 m with a rest of 10 seconds or 2 x 100m? As training for the 200m breaststroke? 4X50 with 10 sec rest is a standard broken 200.Those are great. I can't do 2X100 with short rest and hold the 2nd one at race pace,if you can then go for it. Actually I realized I do some other things that aren't strictly race pace,but are interesting for variety such as 1) 200 BR sprint the first 50 and then hold your stroke as best you can. This is good to get past the fear of going out too fast,but these really hurt. 2) 5X50 BR on the minute,maximum of 2 sec over your goal time for your last 50 split,but never take more than one less stroke/length than your race goal. This is great for DPS and streamlining. 3) 200 BR descend each 50 with the last one as near as possible to your final 50 goal split(you need to have a pace clock you can clearly see at the turn.)
  • Allen, what do you think, for example, about a series of 4 x 50 m with a rest of 10 seconds or 2 x 100m? As training for the 200m breaststroke? 4X50 with 10 sec rest is a standard broken 200.Those are great. I can't do 2X100 with short rest and hold the 2nd one at race pace,if you can then go for it. Actually I realized I do some other things that aren't strictly race pace,but are interesting for variety such as 1) 200 BR sprint the first 50 and then hold your stroke as best you can. This is good to get past the fear of going out too fast,but these really hurt. 2) 5X50 BR on the minute,maximum of 2 sec over your goal time for your last 50 split,but never take more than one less stroke/length than your race goal. This is great for DPS and streamlining. 3) 200 BR descend each 50 with the last one as near as possible to your final 50 goal split(you need to have a pace clock you can clearly see at the turn.)
Children
No Data