Training for 100 and 200 breaststroke?

Any advice on how to train for a 100 and 200 breaststroke? I don't get to do a lot of breaststroke in practice with my team. But I swim on my own once a week, so I'd like to add a set specific to the 100 and 200 breaststroke, especially the 200. So I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to train for that event. 200 breaststroke is my best and favorite event, but I've not raced much since I was a kid, so I never put any thought into training specifically for it. Thanks!
Parents
  • My best event is the 200 ***. Practicing breaststroke once a week on your own is simply not enough. Like you the majority of my team work outs are freestyle. I modify the work outs by swimming last in the lane and swim breaststroke - for example - 10x50s on :50 ( I swim 4x50s breaststroke @200 pace, 1x50 easy free, 2x50s *** @ 100 pace, 1x50 easy free, 2x50s *** @ 100 pace). You can make other modifications on other sets - makes the workout more interesting (so long as you press the pace).
  • My best event is the 200 ***. Practicing breaststroke once a week on your own is simply not enough. Like you the majority of my team work outs are freestyle. I modify the work outs by swimming last in the lane and swim breaststroke - for example - 10x50s on :50 ( I swim 4x50s breaststroke @200 pace, 1x50 easy free, 2x50s *** @ 100 pace, 1x50 easy free, 2x50s *** @ 100 pace). You can make other modifications on other sets - makes the workout more interesting (so long as you press the pace).
Children
No Data