Your Weekly Yardage for 50+ age

Former Member
Former Member
I added wrong! I've been swimming 14,000 yards per week for the last 15 years, not 30,000! :afraid:I recently hit 60 and have begun to wonder if my times would improve if I did less yards and incorporated more quality workouts in. Since I have a bit of OCD, I would like your input for those 50 and over. How many yards a week do you put in?
Parents
  • I agree with all the points made in this interesting post. Swimming is totally a different strokes for different folks sort of workout activity . I have noticed lately that "sprint-based practices" including close to race pace efforts with lots of rest and less yardage leave me feeling exhausted but intensely satisfied and happy. My 50 free time is also dropping which surprises me at my advanced age (59). I am not a sprinter at all, but I enjoy watching my time and effort improve.
  • I agree with all the points made in this interesting post. Swimming is totally a different strokes for different folks sort of workout activity . I have noticed lately that "sprint-based practices" including close to race pace efforts with lots of rest and less yardage leave me feeling exhausted but intensely satisfied and happy. My 50 free time is also dropping which surprises me at my advanced age (59). I am not a sprinter at all, but I enjoy watching my time and effort improve.
Children
No Data