My goals for 2015, any advice?

Former Member
Former Member
50m free - 00:27 100m free - 00:59 200m free - 02:07 400m free - 04:37 750m free - 09:17 1500m free - 18:59 I am hoping to reach or exceed these times by the end of 2015. Has anybody got any advice? Maybe a few good sets/sessions? Thanks, TSB
Parents
  • I am not an expert on USRPT, but 30 repetition with only 20sec rest is definitly aerobic and not anaerobic. To train your anareobic system, you need to be ale to push as much as you can each rep, which you can never do 30 time with only 20sec. As I understand it Rushall is not interested in training the anaerobic system,rather he wants to get as many yards at race pace as possible by not stressing the anaerobic system.That is a problem I have with doing only USRPT,so I do one USRPT and one HIT set in each mid-season workout.(I don't do HIT early in the season as it is too hard on my joints.)
  • I am not an expert on USRPT, but 30 repetition with only 20sec rest is definitly aerobic and not anaerobic. To train your anareobic system, you need to be ale to push as much as you can each rep, which you can never do 30 time with only 20sec. As I understand it Rushall is not interested in training the anaerobic system,rather he wants to get as many yards at race pace as possible by not stressing the anaerobic system.That is a problem I have with doing only USRPT,so I do one USRPT and one HIT set in each mid-season workout.(I don't do HIT early in the season as it is too hard on my joints.)
Children
No Data