ASR Sprint Training for swimmers?

Anaerobic Speed Reserve training for sprint runners boils down to running 10 short sprints with lots of rest. If you don't make the assigned time, stop. If you make all 10 compute a new time. Paper by the originators: jap.physiology.org/.../1955 Summary: sprint42.com/.../ Another summary: www.dshen.com/.../asrspeedcom_ultimate_speed_training.html Does anybody see potential for the pool? The odd distances I can see make implementation tough.
Parents
  • Not exactly related but I had a positive result training for a 1.5 mile run USRP style, and at a pace much faster than I would do the timed run. I ran just once or twice a week, 3 months out leading up to it logging no more than 30 miles total training. I hit the time I had over 20 years ago .
  • Not exactly related but I had a positive result training for a 1.5 mile run USRP style, and at a pace much faster than I would do the timed run. I ran just once or twice a week, 3 months out leading up to it logging no more than 30 miles total training. I hit the time I had over 20 years ago .
Children
No Data