Broken 200 free interval

If you were to do a broken 200 freestyle swim (scy) as 4 x 50 on (X) interval in a practice setting and add the total time for each of the four 50s, what interval would give you the best approximation of your 200 race time? The interval would depend on your speed, so perhaps I'm asking how much rest you should have between each 50. I recently did 4x50 on 0:45 and went 29, 30, 31, 30. I'm wondering how close I'll be to 2:00 in a race.
Parents
  • First off, I agree with Ande's way of doing it. One change however, if you have a digital clock and can see it easily while swimming, you can get the splits yourself. If you do it from a push, you can subtract an extra 2 seconds because of the start and subtract another 1 - 3 seconds at least that you will get for the extra rush you get from being in a meet. So, take your time from the straight 200 from a push and subtract up to 5 seconds and you will be very close to what you can do in a meet.
  • First off, I agree with Ande's way of doing it. One change however, if you have a digital clock and can see it easily while swimming, you can get the splits yourself. If you do it from a push, you can subtract an extra 2 seconds because of the start and subtract another 1 - 3 seconds at least that you will get for the extra rush you get from being in a meet. So, take your time from the straight 200 from a push and subtract up to 5 seconds and you will be very close to what you can do in a meet.
Children
No Data