Broken 200 free interval

If you were to do a broken 200 freestyle swim (scy) as 4 x 50 on (X) interval in a practice setting and add the total time for each of the four 50s, what interval would give you the best approximation of your 200 race time? The interval would depend on your speed, so perhaps I'm asking how much rest you should have between each 50. I recently did 4x50 on 0:45 and went 29, 30, 31, 30. I'm wondering how close I'll be to 2:00 in a race.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    ^^ Reason #1 every time I pop into read these forums I ask myself "Why did I bother?" ande, you're an awesome swimmer, no one would dispute that. But that's not the question he was asking. Not everyone has the chance to do a meet warm-up and have someone time them for a 200 time trial and take up the lane for themselves in the process. There is something to be said for doing broken 200's in practice.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    ^^ Reason #1 every time I pop into read these forums I ask myself "Why did I bother?" ande, you're an awesome swimmer, no one would dispute that. But that's not the question he was asking. Not everyone has the chance to do a meet warm-up and have someone time them for a 200 time trial and take up the lane for themselves in the process. There is something to be said for doing broken 200's in practice.
Children
No Data