male sprinter tech suit

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, Fellow sprinter, is there a tech suit you prefer? I was looking into the Arena Carbon Pro, but I would like to hear some opinion before pruchasing (budget isn't a concern, just speed ;-)). I assume it differs per build. I am 6'1'' 180-185pounds. (more in the shoulder than anything else!) Thanks!
  • TYR Tracer Light. Save yourself a lot of money. I agree. Tried a Tracer Lite for the first time last month, and took 3 seconds off my 200 free time. Very good suit for the money.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    TYR Tracer Light. Save yourself a lot of money.
  • I have tried all those suits and also the B-70 Nero TX. I was very disappointed with the LZR,it just didn't feel comfortable. The Carbon Pro was almost great,but it was too tight for me in the "sensitive male parts". "Compression is not good everywhere. " If you get the Carbon-Pro,do not downsize. The Tyr is a great suit,but I swam my best race ever in the B-70,so I am prejudiced for it.
  • I have tried all those suits and also the B-70 Nero TX. I was very disappointed with the LZR,it just didn't feel comfortable. The Carbon Pro was almost great,but it was too tight for me in the "sensitive male parts". "Compression is not good everywhere. " If you get the Carbon-Pro,do not downsize. The Tyr is a great suit,but I swam my best race ever in the B-70,so I am prejudiced for it. It's most definitely personal preference but i concur with Allen. I have tried many of the tech suite brands but have found BlueSeventy Nero TX to be my favorite also. It's a little more money than the TYR Tracer Light but I was able to pickup one up for $150 ish. I loved the fact it came with a nylon bag branded carrying bag(which is actually useful between big meets for storage), and it has next to no seems. It also fits tight but not too tight in the wrong areas as Allen elegantly articulated.
  • Former Member
    Anyone tried a carbon or a LZR and wanna share their experience (vs the tyr if you tried both). Thanks
  • I haven't tried the BlueSeventy suits, but I really like the TYR Tracer Light. I was also lucky enough to pick up the TYR AP12 Credere for $150 and I love it. The thing fits very, very tight and takes a while to get into, but once it's on, it's great. Based on Allen's and Stewart's feedback, I might give the BlueSeventy a try someday.
  • I wrote some Swim Faster Faster Tips on Tech Suits I suggest you get a really good racing suit and always have a pretty good back up suit. I suggest High Waisted.
  • Former Member
    Thanks Ande. I know Blueseventy aren't high waisted, but it seems that you can pull them pretty high. I'll probably get a blueseventy 14 and maybe a LZR high waisted (Arena don't do high waiste suit yet i think).
  • Although the consensus supports high waisted as a faster option, doesn't nessesarily mean it is for everybody. My former TYR AP12 low-cut slightly out performed its same sized AP12 high-waisted successor. I could have been slower the following year too though.
  • Former Member
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'll see what I get and i'll post my feedback after the national.