male sprinter tech suit

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, Fellow sprinter, is there a tech suit you prefer? I was looking into the Arena Carbon Pro, but I would like to hear some opinion before pruchasing (budget isn't a concern, just speed ;-)). I assume it differs per build. I am 6'1'' 180-185pounds. (more in the shoulder than anything else!) Thanks!
Parents
  • My standby as a masters swimmer has been the FSII. For short course nationals in 2013, I upgraded to the LZR Racer Elite. I thought it was a fantastic suit, although it is tight in the family jewels region. I had tried a Carbon Pro, but couldn't get a 32 above mid thigh...ah, the curse of having big quads! I saved the LZR Racer Elite for nationals and have been using a FSII for in season meets, although I am in the process of upgrading to a LZR Pro for in season. Tried it on yesterday and it feels much, much better than the FSII does, but not quite as nice as the Elite. The only downside so far (I haven't worn it in the water yet) is that, like orca with his TYRs, I have a case of plumber's crack when bending over with the Pro on. I caveat all this with me being a butterflier, backstroker, and IMer, so YMMV.
  • My standby as a masters swimmer has been the FSII. For short course nationals in 2013, I upgraded to the LZR Racer Elite. I thought it was a fantastic suit, although it is tight in the family jewels region. I had tried a Carbon Pro, but couldn't get a 32 above mid thigh...ah, the curse of having big quads! I saved the LZR Racer Elite for nationals and have been using a FSII for in season meets, although I am in the process of upgrading to a LZR Pro for in season. Tried it on yesterday and it feels much, much better than the FSII does, but not quite as nice as the Elite. The only downside so far (I haven't worn it in the water yet) is that, like orca with his TYRs, I have a case of plumber's crack when bending over with the Pro on. I caveat all this with me being a butterflier, backstroker, and IMer, so YMMV.
Children
No Data