Help needed to impove my breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hello fellow-swimmers! Could you please check out videos of my breaststroke. So far 50m *** is my best distance. But for the last two years I haven’t been able to break 36+ seconds limit (SC). That’s a snippet of 50m at race speed: www.youtube.com/watch I have more videos, but so far the forum allows me to add only one. Mistakes, drills to fix them, stretching exercises? I’m total amateur, 35 years old, it’s my 6th year of competitive swimming. Thanks!
Parents
  • So it should be more like butterfly catch, right? Not a lot - about 8-10x25 Somewhat like fly,but narrower.A few years ago I had a velocity analysis of my stroke and it showed I was slowing down while spreading my hands for the catch.I started going directly into the pull,making the pull narrower and found it was faster for me. 8-10 25s is great,but when are you doing them in the workout and what is the rest interval.Traditionally, coaches have had swimmers do sprints at the end of the workout,and I think that is a mistake. Do your sprinting while fresh,but after a good warm up.If you want to swim a 35 then you need to be swimming your 25s in high 18s or faster.If you can't do that,you are not getting enough rest. 25s with 10-15 sec rest is not sprinting,25s on the minute or 1:15 or even 1:30 can be.
  • So it should be more like butterfly catch, right? Not a lot - about 8-10x25 Somewhat like fly,but narrower.A few years ago I had a velocity analysis of my stroke and it showed I was slowing down while spreading my hands for the catch.I started going directly into the pull,making the pull narrower and found it was faster for me. 8-10 25s is great,but when are you doing them in the workout and what is the rest interval.Traditionally, coaches have had swimmers do sprints at the end of the workout,and I think that is a mistake. Do your sprinting while fresh,but after a good warm up.If you want to swim a 35 then you need to be swimming your 25s in high 18s or faster.If you can't do that,you are not getting enough rest. 25s with 10-15 sec rest is not sprinting,25s on the minute or 1:15 or even 1:30 can be.
Children
No Data