Help needed to impove my breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hello fellow-swimmers! Could you please check out videos of my breaststroke. So far 50m *** is my best distance. But for the last two years I haven’t been able to break 36+ seconds limit (SC). That’s a snippet of 50m at race speed: www.youtube.com/watch I have more videos, but so far the forum allows me to add only one. Mistakes, drills to fix them, stretching exercises? I’m total amateur, 35 years old, it’s my 6th year of competitive swimming. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Nice improvement, especially the amount of time spent in streamline position with the head under water. I would change your kick so that the heels come together with the feet pointing straight down. There is zero need to point the feet backwards at the end of the kick. By pointing the feet straight down you will feel an upwards movement of the legs, essentially pushing the lets and butt upwards nearer the waters surface. So much more streamlined. The best way to get faster is drills, scull drills for the hands and fast kicking drills for the legs. One drill that will help your finishing your kick will be vertical boards, using a kick board as a barge. Your kick will be very slow, hardly moving. But finishing your kick with the feet crashing into each other, soles touching, you can actually move along nicely.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Nice improvement, especially the amount of time spent in streamline position with the head under water. I would change your kick so that the heels come together with the feet pointing straight down. There is zero need to point the feet backwards at the end of the kick. By pointing the feet straight down you will feel an upwards movement of the legs, essentially pushing the lets and butt upwards nearer the waters surface. So much more streamlined. The best way to get faster is drills, scull drills for the hands and fast kicking drills for the legs. One drill that will help your finishing your kick will be vertical boards, using a kick board as a barge. Your kick will be very slow, hardly moving. But finishing your kick with the feet crashing into each other, soles touching, you can actually move along nicely.
Children
No Data