Help needed to impove my breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hello fellow-swimmers! Could you please check out videos of my breaststroke. So far 50m *** is my best distance. But for the last two years I haven’t been able to break 36+ seconds limit (SC). That’s a snippet of 50m at race speed: www.youtube.com/watch I have more videos, but so far the forum allows me to add only one. Mistakes, drills to fix them, stretching exercises? I’m total amateur, 35 years old, it’s my 6th year of competitive swimming. Thanks!
Parents
  • I have looked at this several times.It is better and almost great.The problem seems subtle,but it is messing up your transition from pull phase to kick phase.You are keeping your back very stiff as you go from the arm insweep to recovery.This means that as you start your kick your body is swimming up hill.Your kick aims slightly down,which would be OK if it was a prelude to a propulsive undulation,but it isn't,instead you glide with your legs going down. As you start the out sweep of the hands you push the hips forward appropriately,but as you shoot the arms forward you want to push your hips(and butt) back forcefully to get them closer to the surface and to get the front of your body into a horizontal,streamlined position.
  • I have looked at this several times.It is better and almost great.The problem seems subtle,but it is messing up your transition from pull phase to kick phase.You are keeping your back very stiff as you go from the arm insweep to recovery.This means that as you start your kick your body is swimming up hill.Your kick aims slightly down,which would be OK if it was a prelude to a propulsive undulation,but it isn't,instead you glide with your legs going down. As you start the out sweep of the hands you push the hips forward appropriately,but as you shoot the arms forward you want to push your hips(and butt) back forcefully to get them closer to the surface and to get the front of your body into a horizontal,streamlined position.
Children
No Data