Help needed to impove my breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hello fellow-swimmers! Could you please check out videos of my breaststroke. So far 50m *** is my best distance. But for the last two years I haven’t been able to break 36+ seconds limit (SC). That’s a snippet of 50m at race speed: www.youtube.com/watch I have more videos, but so far the forum allows me to add only one. Mistakes, drills to fix them, stretching exercises? I’m total amateur, 35 years old, it’s my 6th year of competitive swimming. Thanks!
Parents
  • Thank you all for the input! I'll try the drills and upload videos of the progress. And what drill can help me keeping pelvis as high as possible? BR pull with fly kick? Here is the link to all of the breaststroke drill series we have done with Kristy: www.swimspire.com/.../ And this video, with Estonian national champion Merle Liivand, may also be of help. In the video, Merle demonstrates breaststroke where she kicks with a pullbuoy. This will be helpful in keeping your hips higher: www.swimspire.com/.../ Like Allen said, there is definitely a lot to like about your breaststroke. The improvements you make will hopefully help you get past your current plateau. Good luck!
  • Thank you all for the input! I'll try the drills and upload videos of the progress. And what drill can help me keeping pelvis as high as possible? BR pull with fly kick? Here is the link to all of the breaststroke drill series we have done with Kristy: www.swimspire.com/.../ And this video, with Estonian national champion Merle Liivand, may also be of help. In the video, Merle demonstrates breaststroke where she kicks with a pullbuoy. This will be helpful in keeping your hips higher: www.swimspire.com/.../ Like Allen said, there is definitely a lot to like about your breaststroke. The improvements you make will hopefully help you get past your current plateau. Good luck!
Children
No Data