Help needed to impove my breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hello fellow-swimmers! Could you please check out videos of my breaststroke. So far 50m *** is my best distance. But for the last two years I haven’t been able to break 36+ seconds limit (SC). That’s a snippet of 50m at race speed: www.youtube.com/watch I have more videos, but so far the forum allows me to add only one. Mistakes, drills to fix them, stretching exercises? I’m total amateur, 35 years old, it’s my 6th year of competitive swimming. Thanks!
Parents
  • As swimspire said,you need to work om your head position.The head should remain in neutral position at all times.The standard drill for this is swimming BR with a tennis ball under the chin.I can't be sure but it looks like you are overlapping your pull and your kick.You should be in streamline position with the kick completed before the pull begins.A good drill for this is swim a length with a 3 sec glide,then a 2 sec glide,then 1 sec,then no glide,but make sure you are extended in streamline.Finally,in your kick recovery,you have your knees too far apart.This breaks streamline and slows you down.The standard drill for this is swim BR with a pullbuoy between your knees(or at least right above your knees.There is a lot to like about your BR,but these things can make it faster.
  • As swimspire said,you need to work om your head position.The head should remain in neutral position at all times.The standard drill for this is swimming BR with a tennis ball under the chin.I can't be sure but it looks like you are overlapping your pull and your kick.You should be in streamline position with the kick completed before the pull begins.A good drill for this is swim a length with a 3 sec glide,then a 2 sec glide,then 1 sec,then no glide,but make sure you are extended in streamline.Finally,in your kick recovery,you have your knees too far apart.This breaks streamline and slows you down.The standard drill for this is swim BR with a pullbuoy between your knees(or at least right above your knees.There is a lot to like about your BR,but these things can make it faster.
Children
No Data