Would you expect

Former Member
Former Member
Would you expect a high school swim coach to know what a split is and why it is important? Last night my daughter was watching my granddaughter's HS swim practice. The assistant coach asked my daughter to time a 500 for a couple of kids. My daughter asked the coach if she wanted splits or just the finish time. The coach said, "Split, I don't know what that is." My daughter explained. The coach then asked, "Why would I want to know that?" Well, I have to give the coach credit for asking. Should a HS coach know this, or do I have an unreasonable expectation?
Parents
  • (Head coach doesn't know how to swim--literally--if he fell in the pool a lifeguard would have to pull him out) This coach and my high school coach would have made a great pair. I learned my senior year that our coach didn't know how to swim. After we beat our rivals in the last meet of the season, we threw her into the pool. She dog paddled to the edge of the pool in tears and finally admitted she didn't know how to swim . (She was a P.E. teacher who evidently got stuck with the girls swim team.) :shakeshead:
  • (Head coach doesn't know how to swim--literally--if he fell in the pool a lifeguard would have to pull him out) This coach and my high school coach would have made a great pair. I learned my senior year that our coach didn't know how to swim. After we beat our rivals in the last meet of the season, we threw her into the pool. She dog paddled to the edge of the pool in tears and finally admitted she didn't know how to swim . (She was a P.E. teacher who evidently got stuck with the girls swim team.) :shakeshead:
Children
No Data