2015 One Hour (e)Postal Swim

It's that time again. Who's planning to do it? Who's done it? If you did, how far did you swim? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
  • That's good news! Hopefully she'll be back in the water in a few weeks. :applaud: Well done! So glad to hear that you improved. And 150 yard improvement at that! That's very significant! Slowing down in the middle is fairly normal for me as well. Somewhere around the 2/3 mark of any swim I mentally fatigue and fall slightly off pace, but recover for the last 20% or so. Sounds like you experienced something similar. In any case, job very well done! Thanks much! My coaches--like all good coaches--while giving thumbs up also want me to reach further. That's why I like having them as coaches. :) Glad I got this in--we're looking at a lot of snow here in the Northeast! Maybe I can get some ice swimming in to build mental toughness. :)
  • Thanks to all of you.She got out of the hospital yesterday She can't lift anything over 10 lb for 2 wk.At 2 wk the surgeon will evaluate healing and see when she can swim. Hope all goes well and she's back to swimming w/ no complications!
  • I was going to swim tomorrow, but like Fish above the town is closing the Rec Center tomorrow so tonight was the night for me! I logged 4257 yards, taking a quick swig of water at 25 min and 45 min. (Less than last year, but that is ok) Helping to propel team New England Masters towards National Champs!
  • I still haven't done it, either. I heard of one opportunity this weekend, but not sure if I'll do it or not.
  • Do you swim the entire hour non-stop Yes. I've done it quite a few times now and have never stopped. Not to say that's the best strategy for everyone.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I am swimming tomorrow with some more folks on my team. Quick question/recommendation, what do you all do, if anything, to help hydrate/fuel during the swim? Do you swim the entire hour non-stop, or do you take 10 seconds to drink something? If the latter, what is your recommended "something" to drink and at what time during the swim? This is my fourth or fifth postal. I tend to overheat, so I am strategizing, and hydrating plenty before. Thanks!