Rotate entire body?

Former Member
Former Member
In reading my TI book, I note that they say to rotate from the top of the spine to the tailbone. Does that mean your legs should always remain straight? In other words, should the legs not also move from side to side with the rest of the body?:dunno:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I am basically a long distance swimmer who does have a long slow freestyle stroke (12 strokes per 25m) and I roll whole body pretty much. This gives me maximum efficiency for the duration of the whole stroke, important for 3km and upwards races. However as I race shorter and shorter distances I find I roll less and less with my legs as I my kick becomes stronger and stronger. So 100m and 50m races almost zero lower leg rotation with turbo kick from my 61yo legs :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I am basically a long distance swimmer who does have a long slow freestyle stroke (12 strokes per 25m) and I roll whole body pretty much. This gives me maximum efficiency for the duration of the whole stroke, important for 3km and upwards races. However as I race shorter and shorter distances I find I roll less and less with my legs as I my kick becomes stronger and stronger. So 100m and 50m races almost zero lower leg rotation with turbo kick from my 61yo legs :)
Children
No Data