Bum shoulder advice

I have rotator tendonitis in my left shoulder that means I can't do the amount of swimming (crawl) that I usually do. The physical therapist said I can do anything that doesn't require an overhead reach, such as breaststroke or side stroke, or a modified backstroke. Any advice on what to do to keep active in the pool while my shoulder heals. My breastroke sucks, btw. Though I'm fine with side stroke. I guess I can grab the old kickboard and kick my way up and down the lane, but that gets pretty boring. I don't own a shower cap, so please don't say water aerobics LOL.:D
Parents
  • Sorry to hear about your bum shoulder, never a fun situation! Here is a piece I've wrote about returning to swimming from "swimmer's shoulder". Keep kicking (just not with a board) and work on stroke biomechanics. Could you re-enter the link Drjohnmullen, I cannot find it.
  • Sorry to hear about your bum shoulder, never a fun situation! Here is a piece I've wrote about returning to swimming from "swimmer's shoulder". Keep kicking (just not with a board) and work on stroke biomechanics. Could you re-enter the link Drjohnmullen, I cannot find it.
Children
No Data