Bum shoulder advice

I have rotator tendonitis in my left shoulder that means I can't do the amount of swimming (crawl) that I usually do. The physical therapist said I can do anything that doesn't require an overhead reach, such as breaststroke or side stroke, or a modified backstroke. Any advice on what to do to keep active in the pool while my shoulder heals. My breastroke sucks, btw. Though I'm fine with side stroke. I guess I can grab the old kickboard and kick my way up and down the lane, but that gets pretty boring. I don't own a shower cap, so please don't say water aerobics LOL.:D
Parents
  • Thanks for the link, drjohnmullen. Can you explain in layman's terms what you mean by "catch-up stroke?" I'm not sure how to visualize or tell if I'm doing it. The other examples are pretty explanatory. I've done a few of them including crossing over my center line and entering the water thumbs down. I quit doing them both, but it's quite possible I was already injuring my shoulder. My teacher looked at my stroke, and it's much improved. She said technically, it's quite good. Kicks. Ugh. But if that's what it takes.
  • Thanks for the link, drjohnmullen. Can you explain in layman's terms what you mean by "catch-up stroke?" I'm not sure how to visualize or tell if I'm doing it. The other examples are pretty explanatory. I've done a few of them including crossing over my center line and entering the water thumbs down. I quit doing them both, but it's quite possible I was already injuring my shoulder. My teacher looked at my stroke, and it's much improved. She said technically, it's quite good. Kicks. Ugh. But if that's what it takes.
Children
No Data