Bum shoulder advice

I have rotator tendonitis in my left shoulder that means I can't do the amount of swimming (crawl) that I usually do. The physical therapist said I can do anything that doesn't require an overhead reach, such as breaststroke or side stroke, or a modified backstroke. Any advice on what to do to keep active in the pool while my shoulder heals. My breastroke sucks, btw. Though I'm fine with side stroke. I guess I can grab the old kickboard and kick my way up and down the lane, but that gets pretty boring. I don't own a shower cap, so please don't say water aerobics LOL.:D
Parents
  • I agree w/flystorm! Kick training is great training. A couple years ago I hurt my elbow and needed to rest it. I re-packed my toy bag with 3 different kinds of fins and decided to do kick only workouts. I followed the regular workout to the tee, but only kicked. It really wasn't boring at all. I did some of it sans fins, and mixed the different kind of fins into different sets. I learned kicking really gets your heart pumping! When I was able to return to stroking I felt like I hadn't lost any conditioning at all. Good luck and who knows, you might enjoy this slight variation in your workouts + you can still enjoy your team mates. :)
  • I agree w/flystorm! Kick training is great training. A couple years ago I hurt my elbow and needed to rest it. I re-packed my toy bag with 3 different kinds of fins and decided to do kick only workouts. I followed the regular workout to the tee, but only kicked. It really wasn't boring at all. I did some of it sans fins, and mixed the different kind of fins into different sets. I learned kicking really gets your heart pumping! When I was able to return to stroking I felt like I hadn't lost any conditioning at all. Good luck and who knows, you might enjoy this slight variation in your workouts + you can still enjoy your team mates. :)
Children
No Data