Swimming in the desert

What do I need to know about keeping myself healthy when swimming outdoors in a warm pool with warm air temperatures? Today was my first, outdoor swimming workout in a 25 meter pool. Usually I swim 3,500 yards, 4-5 days/week in a very well maintained indoor pool but have just moved from Virginia to Saudi for several months. Should I have special goggles, wear sunscreen and most importantly should I adjust the intensity of the workout with more rest between sets, and extra water on the side? (I should have checked for flags before doing backstroke, ouch!)
Parents
  • To answer your question about the backstroke: your stroke is clearly asymmetrical in some way, but there are a few reasons that might explain the cause. This could be because you are weaker on one side, but it could also be because you are crossing over. /QUOTE] Just reviewed a video of my backstroke. Upon entry my right hand clearly passes 12 and my left hand is on 12. In backstroke should I be aiming to enter at 11 and 1? Amazing what a video can reveal!
  • To answer your question about the backstroke: your stroke is clearly asymmetrical in some way, but there are a few reasons that might explain the cause. This could be because you are weaker on one side, but it could also be because you are crossing over. /QUOTE] Just reviewed a video of my backstroke. Upon entry my right hand clearly passes 12 and my left hand is on 12. In backstroke should I be aiming to enter at 11 and 1? Amazing what a video can reveal!
Children
No Data