Swimming in the desert

What do I need to know about keeping myself healthy when swimming outdoors in a warm pool with warm air temperatures? Today was my first, outdoor swimming workout in a 25 meter pool. Usually I swim 3,500 yards, 4-5 days/week in a very well maintained indoor pool but have just moved from Virginia to Saudi for several months. Should I have special goggles, wear sunscreen and most importantly should I adjust the intensity of the workout with more rest between sets, and extra water on the side? (I should have checked for flags before doing backstroke, ouch!)
Parents
  • Thank you all for your advice! Just to be clear, does warm water affect the swimming workout? (My daughters are loving it and stay in the pool the entire time I practice that never happened in our pool back in VA.) Enjoy the day!
  • Thank you all for your advice! Just to be clear, does warm water affect the swimming workout? (My daughters are loving it and stay in the pool the entire time I practice that never happened in our pool back in VA.) Enjoy the day!
Children
No Data