Swimming in the desert

What do I need to know about keeping myself healthy when swimming outdoors in a warm pool with warm air temperatures? Today was my first, outdoor swimming workout in a 25 meter pool. Usually I swim 3,500 yards, 4-5 days/week in a very well maintained indoor pool but have just moved from Virginia to Saudi for several months. Should I have special goggles, wear sunscreen and most importantly should I adjust the intensity of the workout with more rest between sets, and extra water on the side? (I should have checked for flags before doing backstroke, ouch!)
Parents
  • Goggles - depends on what time of day. Early morning, or early evening smoked goggles. During middle part of day polarized goggles. Sunscreen, yes. You may want to wear a rash guard, or other type of shirt you can swim in for additional coverage from the sun. Stay hydraded, not to the point of being overhydraded. Definitely have your favorite sport drink handy. Use a body wash with a good built in moisturizer. No need to adjust your workout, unless you feel you need to. Depends on how intense the heat of the day is.
  • Goggles - depends on what time of day. Early morning, or early evening smoked goggles. During middle part of day polarized goggles. Sunscreen, yes. You may want to wear a rash guard, or other type of shirt you can swim in for additional coverage from the sun. Stay hydraded, not to the point of being overhydraded. Definitely have your favorite sport drink handy. Use a body wash with a good built in moisturizer. No need to adjust your workout, unless you feel you need to. Depends on how intense the heat of the day is.
Children
No Data