Hackett comeback!?!

olympictalk.nbcsports.com/.../ I wonder where he'd focus his efforts. With the crop of 1500 guys that Australia has, that might be a challenge, but Hackett was exceptional from the 200 through the 1500. If he comes back, does he make the 4 x 200 relay? The 200 individually? The 400 or 1500?
Parents
  • He's been in the ASADA (Australian Sports Drug Agency) testing pool since he indicated his intent to compete again. I don't know how often, if at all, he was drug tested before Nationals (people I know in testing pool average ~1 random out of competition test a year). He would almost certainly have been tested at Nats. I don't know how much swimming he did during his retirement. As many of us can attest, there is a difference between getting in ocassionally and training for peak performance. Hackett started *seriously* training again approximately 6 months ago, that's pretty much 100% certain. Might have done some uncoached base building in public lap lanes before that, but he wasn't part of a squad.
  • He's been in the ASADA (Australian Sports Drug Agency) testing pool since he indicated his intent to compete again. I don't know how often, if at all, he was drug tested before Nationals (people I know in testing pool average ~1 random out of competition test a year). He would almost certainly have been tested at Nats. I don't know how much swimming he did during his retirement. As many of us can attest, there is a difference between getting in ocassionally and training for peak performance. Hackett started *seriously* training again approximately 6 months ago, that's pretty much 100% certain. Might have done some uncoached base building in public lap lanes before that, but he wasn't part of a squad.
Children
No Data